Monday 8 August 2011

My reflection of the first lecture!

This post will be dedicated to my reflection of the very first lecture I had in this course, Introduction to Journalism and Communication.

Before I entered this lecture, I was still wondering why exactly did I choose to study journalism? It is really a competitive industry to get into, and not everyone who studies journalism can become a journalist. And then, there was a quote which really grabbed my attention, it was placed on the very first slide! "I know of no human being who has a better time than an eager and energetic young reporter." Then it suddenly hit me, all my life I have seen news reporters reporting the news, from all over the world and writing factual stories in the newspapers. Most articles never fail to grab my attention, because of the way they had been written, entertaining yet informative. There was another quote which reflects why I want to become a journalist, "I became a journalist to come as close as possible to the heart of the world." Journalists are mostly one of the first people to have in depth knowledge of what is happening around the world, they usually are the ones who have to investigate and produce the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment