Thursday 4 August 2011

About me!(:

Hello my dear blog readers,

Here is a (not so) short introduction about myself. My name is Pavitra, I am from Singapore and I am Indian. I am a really bubbly person (you can see it in the way I write. I had to stop myself from putting exclamation marks at the end of every single sentence). The most important things in my life are my family and friends. Food, music and dance keep me happy. I love travelling and would love to see most parts of the world by the time I am 50 (might not be feasible, but I am definitely going to try my best to make it happen!)

I took a diploma in biotechnology from Singapore Polytechnic, and let's just say science is really not my thing, so after I got my diploma, I decided to move on to the arts. It has been only about 2 weeks since I have started in the arts, but I know for sure, I am never looking back at science again ( Just cannot bear to see another frog dying because of me!)  I really enjoy reading, writing and I believe I have a flair for expressing my thoughts and feelings through words, hence I chose to study journalism. I am sure I made the right decision, because I am having fun writing this post. 

I know some of you might be wondering why I chose to travel 3827 miles (from Singapore to Brisbane), just to study in the University of Queensland (UQ). Well, to be honest, there are only 4 main universities in Singapore, right now. You have to be the cream of the crop if you want to enter the better universities, in the courses that you want. I had a difficult time accepting the fact that I was not a genius. After I accepted the fact, I decided that overseas universities were a better choice for me and UQ is one of the universities with a very good reputation. When I was just 12 years old, I visited Brisbane. I went to Gold coast and that was the best holiday I ever had! I still remember surfers paradise, the awesome beach, the sand which felt so soft like flour and how the people there were really friendly, they'd just talk to you randomly on the streets! I automatically fell in love with the culture, here. I'm happy that I'm just an hour away from Gold Coast, now!

Time has come for me to stop typing away and to head to bed so I can make it on time to my lecture in the morning. Stay tuned for more posts which would contain my reflection on lectures as well as information, news and videos, I find interesting. Can't wait to get back and to start typing away! Goodnight, virtual world.







No comments:

Post a Comment